Wednesday, February 11, 2009

1st day in China!

These pictures are kind of out of order, but this is right before we went into eat our first meal in mainland China.  Whit, Becca, me, Jace, Mike, Mandy
Classic China. Billions of people everywhere, lots of busses on the street and a constant haze in the air-which confuses me because more people here ride bikes than drive cars.
Joelle, Whit and I share a room, not bad!  We got new mattresses, but we didn't get enough sheets, so our beds are a little interesting.  Please note that the comforters do not completely cover the bed.  I don't know if that's just the Chinese way....or what...
I used this right after the train ride into mainland China, it's called a squatter, lovely.  Please note, there is no toilet paper-that for sure is the Chinese way.
The front door of our apartment!
Our neighbors balcony......yes that's fish.....
This was one of the entrees at my first real Chinese dinner.  I ate some of this fish, not bad just very salty.  A girl at my table ate the eye.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment